NCAA tournament Thursdays and Fridays.
When I was at the LA Times out in Ontario, there was one repoter who every year, took off the Thursday and Friday of the NCAA tournament and headed to Vegas.
I don't think I'd care much for a Vegas casino sportsbook, but I think he was on to something. It's tough to concentrate on those days, particularly when your favorite team is playing, or when there's some close game and potential upset going on.
Remember in, I think it was 2005, when all those upsets were going on? At California Connected, I kept checking in on the office tv (which wasn't in my room, which is a good thing and a bad thing).
Remember these from '05?
#14 Bucknell over #3 Kansas???
#13 Vermont over #4 Syracuse in OT?
"OH MY GOODNESS!! SORENTINE HIT THAT ONE FROM THE PARKING LOT!!"
when it comes to these kinds of games with these kinds of thrilling finishes, I think most of us care less about our brackets and just want to see a Giant Killer take down one of the top teams.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-- --
- April (1)
- March (10)
- April (2)
- March (26)
- February (1)
- May (2)
- April (5)
- March (46)
- February (4)
- January (5)
- December (2)
- November (1)
- October (1)
- September (1)
- August (1)
- July (18)
- June (4)
- May (4)
- April (23)
- March (82)
- February (7)
- November (4)
- September (1)
- April (11)
- March (70)
- January (2)
- August (3)
- April (2)
- March (60)
- February (12)
- April (2)
- March (40)
- January (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment