Monday, March 30, 2009

Magic on Michigan

INDIANAPOLIS - MARCH 29: Former Michigan State player Earvin Magic Johnson (R) and Chris Allen #3 of the Michigan State Spartans celebrate after Michigan State's 64-52 win against the Louisville Cardinals during the fourth round of the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament at the Lucas Oil Stadium on March 29, 2009 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Chris Chambers/Getty Images)

“I’m so happy for Michigan State, but I’m really happy for the state of Michigan and the city of Detroit,” said Magic Johnson, who watched the game with his father, Earvin Sr., from behind the MSU bench. “This is about representing where you’re from. It doesn’t matter if you wear blue or green or whatever. First and foremost, you’re from the state of Michigan. And when you’re tired of seeing your hometown or your state getting kicked, you can take pride in seeing someone from your state kicking back.”
from: Detroit Free Press columnist Drew Sharp's column.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-- --