I don’t know if college athletes should be paid when they’re in school. That’s a whole different topic. I’m not going to get into that.
My biggest thing right now is, once we leave the university and are done playing in the NCAA, one would think we’d be able to leave with our likeness. But we aren’t able to. If you don’t take your likeness with you, you should at least be compensated for every dime that is made off your name or likeness.
That’s where this lawsuit comes in.
If I’m viewed as someone who’s linked to this case ahead of being viewed as a former Player of the Year and UCLA ballplayer, that’s just the way it is. I just feel like it’s my duty to do this.
more from Ed
God put me on this earth to do something. And it obviously wasn’t to play NBA basketball, which I thought it was. I thought I was born to play the sport. I thought I was born to be a Hall of Fame ballplayer. But that didn’t happen.
God has a plan for me, even if I don’t know what it is.
So, when I’m given an opportunity to help someone else, to open doors for players who have been exploited like me and don’t have a voice, I’m going to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment